These stunning glass pipes and bongs for the 1% cost up to $300,000
Leanna Garfield/Business Insider
Mr. Grey - No, not the one from "50 Shades" - curates an art collection with pieces so expensive that few people can afford them.
The 21-year-old independent curator, who prefers to keep his anonymity, works with artists who have carved out a new niche in Manhattan's art scene: high-end glass pipes and bongs for smoking marijuana.
It's a market that's blowing up, he says, thanks to the growing legalization of cannabis across the country. In the past two years alone, six states have legalized marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, bringing the total to 25 states plus Washington, D.C. that have decriminalized the drug.
He tells Business Insider that the new laws are encouraging artists trained in glassblowing, to experiment with cannabis glass design and create extravagant works of art.
Grey recently showcased 30 pieces in his two-story apartment in New York City. Business Insider got an inside look at the items in the curated collection, which cost up to $300,000.
Keep scrolling to take a look.
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term