These were the 12 highest-grossing games of 2018 on Steam, the biggest platform in PC gaming
- Steam is a digital marketplace and video game platform used by tens of millions of PC gamers on a daily basis. The most popular games on Steam have more than 500,000 players online at any given time.
- Valve, the company behind Steam, recently released a list of the 100 highest-grossing games of 2018. The top-earning games are on sale until January 3rd, 2019.
- There are almost 20,000 games for sale in the Steam marketplace, but some of the highest-earning titles are actually available for free, including 3 of the top 12.
With the close of 2018, video game retailers are offering a variety of capstone sales to celebrate the best games of the year. Steam, the largest digital marketplace for PC games, is no different, offering discounts of up to 80% on the top games of 2018 during the Steam Winter Sale.Alongside the winter sale, Steam has released a list of the 100 top-selling games of 2018, based on gross revenue. That includes all sales of digital content, beyond the price of the base game. Steam separated the games into four tiers based on their earnings: platinum, gold, silver, and bronze.Advertisement
Below, we've taken a look at all 12 games in the platinum rank. Surprisingly, only three of the platinum games were released during 2018, and another three are actually free-to-play. Because the games are judged by gross revenue, free-to-play games are boosted by smaller, microtransactions that charge players for in-game currency and other incremental content. Older titles can also continue bringing in revenue by selling new expansion content.
Keep in mind that not all PC games are available on Steam, so popular titles like "Fortnite," "Overwatch," "League of Legends," and "World of Warcraft" are not considered.Here are the 12 highest-grossing games of 2018:
"Warframe" by Digital Extremes
"DOTA 2" by ValveAdvertisement
"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege" by Ubisoft Montreal
"The Elder Scrolls Online" by Bethesda SoftworksAdvertisement
"Assassin's Creed Odyssey" by Ubisoft
"PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds" by PUBG CorporationAdvertisement
"Counter-strike Global Offensive" by Valve
"Monster Hunter World" by CapcomAdvertisement
"Sid Meier’s Civilization VI" by 2K Games/Aspyr
"Far Cry 5" by UbisoftAdvertisement
"Rocket League" by Psyonix
"Grand Theft Auto V" by Rockstar GamesAdvertisement
All of these games are on sale now!
- Supreme Court adjourns AGR case hearing to August 14
- ICICI Bank sets floor price for QIP at ₹351.36 per share — to decide on allotment on August 14
- McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now
- Best electric shavers for men
- West Bengal Governor writes to Mamata Banerjee – ‘’distressed’’ that nearly 70 lakh Bengal farmers are not getting PM-Kisan scheme benefits.