These were the top 10 highest grossing apps on the iPhone and iPad worldwide in 2018
Avery Hartmans/Business Insider
- Apps downloaded from the Apple App Store generated hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue this year.
- Using data from Sensor Tower, we've compiled a list of the 10 apps downloaded from the App Store that brought in the most revenue in 2018.
- Half of the apps that brought in the most revenue this year are from companies in China.
Apps for video streaming and social media made the most money this year on Apple devices, data shows.
Business Insider has compiled a list of the apps on iPhone and iPad that brought in the most revenue in 2018, according to data provided by Sensor Tower, covering the period ending November 30th.
It's possible you've never heard of some of these iOS apps - five of the top 10 apps are from China-based tech giants, including Baidu and Tencent Holdings.
Here are the highest grossing iOS apps in 2018, and how much revenue each app brought in according to Sensor Tower data:
10. Hulu — $132.6 million
9. QQ — $159.7 billion
8. Youku — $192.9 million
7. Pandora — $225.7 million
6. YouTube — $244.2 million
5. Kwai (Kuaishou) — $264.5 million
4. iQiyi — $420.5 million
3. Tinder — $462.2 million
2. Tencent Video — $490.0 million
1. Netflix — $790.2 million