All that you should know about your CIBIL score
Often, while applying for a loan, we are clueless about what our
CIBIL decides the cut-off score for credit institutions
CIBIL does not recommend any cut-off score to banks to help them arrive at any lending decisions. Each bank has a different risk appetite and they decide what the cut off score should be for their bank. What may be a good credit score for Bank A may or may not be a good credit score for Bank B.
In addition to a good credit score credit institutions may also consider other critical factors like your income to debt ratio, your residential status, professional qualifications etc. while deciding on your loan application. Therefore along with a good credit score you must also ensure that all these factors are well placed before applying for the loan.
Banks and credit institutions can access an individual’s CIBIL Report
Consumers can directly access their own CIBIL Report and CIBIL Transunion Score on CIBIL’s website in 3 easy steps. A user will have to fill up an online form and make a payment through net banking, debit, credit or cash card. The final step would require online authentication based on the user’s credit history.
If you are successfully authenticated, your CIBIL Report and CIBIL TransUnion Score will appear on the screen and you shall also receive it via e-mail. If you fail the authentication then you can upload a scanned copy of your identity proof and address proof on CIBIL’s website. The report will then get delivered to you via express delivery.
A poor score will haunt me forever.
An individual with a low credit score can gradually work towards improving it. Credit report and credit scores are dynamic and change according to the credit behavior of the borrower. Once the borrower has paid all the unpaid EMIs and has again started regularly paying the installments on the loan, his credit report will improve and reflect the regular payments accordingly. The credit score may also improve gradually.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees