This 100-year-old model just appeared in Vogue
The British arm of the esteemed fashion publication has published an ad campaign for United-Kingdom based store Harvey Nichols, and it stars a 100-year-old woman, Vogue UK reports. According to the ad (pictured right), she's the first 100-year-old woman to ever appear in Vogue.
The ad campaign was made specifically to celebrate British Vogue's one hundredth birthday. It was photographed by Phil Poynter.
The woman, Marjorie 'Bo' Gilbert is not hapless. Rather, she's dressed to the nines.
Separately, Harvey Nichols made a video celebrating Gilbert's ad.
In the short video, the company states a jarring fact: that the average fashion model is between the ages of 16 and 25.
"I do things that I think a lot of people wouldn't do at my age," Gilbert says. "I always liked keeping myself looking quite decent even if i wasn't going out. "
"I certainly don't dress up for boys," she declares.
She talks about some of the revolutionary moments she's seen in fashion over the years.
"I always remember seeing a lady in a trouser suit and I had never seen a lady in a trouser suit before and it really caught my eye!" She says.
Earlier this year, Sports Illustrated also defied norms with a Swimsuits for All ad featuring 56-year-old Nicola Griffin.
But Gilbert has nearly half a century on Griffin.
Ultimately, she proves that style has no age limit
"I love wearing nice things, it's always appealed to me and it still does," she says in the video.
You can watch the full video below.
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter