This $200 ring is the first activity tracker I actually want to wear all day, every day
When I got back, I checked my phone to find out my distance, calories burned, minutes active, and heart rate.
"You ran 23 active minutes," my phone displayed across the screen. "Only 20 active minutes left today."
This was possible thanks to the Motiv ring, a small metal band that fits on the third finger of my left hand. Designed to track activity, heart rate, and sleep, the ring can be worn 24/7, even in the shower.
The Motiv ring started shipping last Tuesday and costs $199. It comes in two colors - rose gold and slate gray - and can fit almost any finger size.
I tested Motiv for about a week to see whether the small wearable could accurately track my lifestyle. Here's how it went:
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2
- Recent IPO successes could lead to recovery in the primary market: E&Y
- Capex cycle to touch ₹21 lakh crore in FY23, but there's a catch