This $72 aluminum wallet is built to last a lifetime, and it's so slim that I can carry it in my front pocket
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Most people (myself included) tend to overstuff traditional billfold wallets with unnecessary junk like old receipts and empty gift cards.
- To get rid of the huge bulk in my pocket, I switched to The Ridge Wallet, a $72 aluminum-body wallet that holds up to 12 cards and a large number of bills in the cash strap or money clip.
- Designed to carry everything I need and nothing I don't, the wallet is super slim and compact. For the first time ever, my wallet comfortably fits in my front pocket.
- At $72, The Ridge Wallet is a smart purchase that's built to last a lifetime.
I tried to eliminate the gigantic lump in my back pocket by going with a slimmer billfold, but it didn't work. Over the course of a year, my slim leather wallet slowly but surely became packed with random garbage that I had no use for. It took me switching to The Ridge Wallet, a new kind minimalist wallet, to see just how impractical traditional wallets can be.Designed to carry everything you need and nothing you don't, The Ridge Wallet features a durable aluminum body, elastic straps that expand to hold up to 12 cards, and your choice of a cash strap or money clip on the back. The wallet also boasts RFID-blocking technology to keep tech-savvy thieves from accessing your bank accounts or stealing your identity.
The Ridge Wallet special is that it's built to last a lifetime, not just a long time. Before the Gucci billfold pictured below, I had a different leather billfold from Ralph Lauren. It lasted me about eight years, which is a decent amount of time, but I ultimately had to replace it - and if I were to keep using the Gucci one, I'd have to replace it, too. The Ridge Wallet, on the other hand, is completely re-buildable. A T5 Torx screwdriver for disassembly comes included in the box and you can buy replacement screws and elastic for $7 each.
After carrying a bulky wallet for many years, it's become instinctual to tap my back pocket to make sure I have it on me. The Ridge Wallet is starting to break me out of that habit because for the first time ever, my wallet fits comfortably in my front pocket.At $72, I'd say The Ridge Wallet is a smart investment. It's way cheaper than overpriced designer wallets (like the Gucci one I received as a gift) and a few dollars less than more affordable options like Bellroy. Whether your budget falls above or below The Ridge Wallet's price, keep in mind that you'll eventually have to replace pretty much any other option.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost