This abandoned Disney water park has been rotting for over 15 years
The park closed down 25 years later. After leaving the park empty and abandoned for 15 years, Disney finally drained and filled River Country's 330,000-gallon pool in 2016.
As the Orlando Sentinel reported, the Upstream Plunge pool was filled with concrete, since standing water can attract mosquitoes - a growing concern because of the Zika virus. Disney said that the work was not related to Zika and that it didn't plan to reopen the long-closed park, the rest of which is still decaying.
A Cleveland-based photographer who works under the pseudonym Seph Lawless documented the abandoned park in his photo series "Dismaland." (This is also the name of Banksy's 2015 art exhibition, a fake apocalyptic theme park near Bristol, England.)
Lawless captured ghostly portraits of the once busy attraction. Take a look.
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan
- EPFO invested Rs 27,105 crore in exchange trade funds in Apr-Oct: Labour Min
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023