This beautiful park in Paris was built on top of an old car manufacturing plant
Known for its romantic, old world charm, Paris is often defined by its well-known monuments like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
But the city of lights contains modern elements too, like the Tour Triangle, a pyramid-shaped skyscraper, and Parc André Citroën, an outdoor space built to meld the city's urban and rural elements into one architectural masterpiece.
Parc André Citroën opened for public use in 1992 and was built atop the old André Citroën car manufacturing plant, which functioned from 1915 to 1970.
A large lawn anchors the park, while smaller structures like gardens, greenhouses, and meditative spaces act as the park's border.
Below, we share Parc André Citroën's coolest features, which mix modern design and utility:
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala