This chart shows exactly how insane Airbnb's growth has been over the past 5 years
But now a new report by Airbnb shows just how insane the growth since 2010 has actually been. In the summer of 2010, about 47,000 people stayed with an Airbnb host. Compare that to this summer, which saw almost 17 million people stay at an Airbnb.
According to the report, August 8 was the biggest night in Airbnb history, with almost one million guests staying worldwide.
Not too shabby considering that in 2008, Airbnb's founders were turned down by all 7 Silicon Valley investors they were trying to raise just $150,000 from at a $1.5 million valuation.
Airbnb also shared some facts about some of its more exotic accommodations. This summer, more than 10,000 people stayed in Airbnb tree houses, over 12,000 stayed in yurts, and almost 13,000 stayed in castles.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared