This chart shows the 17 US companies with the biggest piles of cash
American companies are hoarding cash like crazy.
In the second quarter of 2017, twenty-four of the largest American companies are holding on to a whopping $1.01 trillion in cash reserves, up 1.63% from the first quarter, according to analysis of second quarter earnings reports by Bank of America.Of the $1.01 trillion, just over 80% is held in stashes outside the United States.
"Because about 70% of 2Q inflows were invested in corporate bonds we see no evidence yet that corporate investors are making their cash portfolios more liquid ahead of the possible repatriation of overseas cash as part of tax reform or on a stand-alone basis," the bank wrote.Here's which US companies have the most cash on hand:
Anaele Pelisson/Business Insider
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed