This 'Death Calendar' Shows How Dangerous US Working Conditions Used To Be
Easman, Crystal. "
From July 1906 through June 1907 in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, 526 workers died in "
We came across these figures in a CDC report while researching the most dangerous jobs in America today, which by contrast are extremely safe. There were only 4,693 fatal injuries in America in 2011 — less than nine times as many as there were in Allegheny County in that single year.Dangerous work still happens every day, however, in Bangladeshi garment factories, Chinese coal mines, and other locations around the world.
- India surpasses Brazil with more than 200 journalists succumbing to COVID-19 pandemic
- If you have taken Covishield shots, watch out for these blood clot symptoms listed out by India’s Health Ministry
- Canara Bank's asset quality continues to dip but it's out of the red for now
- Tata Motors still isn't in the green, but it's making 20% more profit than before the COVID-19 pandemic hit
- CPI announces its list of cabinet nominees in the Pinarayi Vijayan-led Left government in Kerala