This Innovative Bike Lock Knows If You've Been In A Crash
The company claims its product, Skylock, will start "the age of connected cycling." The bike lock comes with a corresponding app that allows cyclists to share their pass code with other riders, allowing them use their bike while its stationary.
Eventually, the access wouldn't just be limited to friends and family. Velo Labs said the bike-share could be managed in a whole community.
"We definitely see the idea of being able to open this to anybody, allowing anybody to 'Airbnb' their bikes," Jack Al-Kahwati, co-founder of Velo Labs told NPR. "If you wanted to start your own informal bike-share, it's completely possible right out of the gate."
And you don't have to memorize a combination to unlock your bike - you just have to press a button on your phone.
However, if you can't be bothered with that, the app can go keyless through Bluetooth, where the lock opens when you walk up to it.And that's just one hi-tech feature. The lock also has sensors that can tell if someone is holding onto your bike too long, potentially trying to steal it. If that's the case, the app will send you a text alert.
Additionally, if it senses a crash-like movement when you're riding, the app sends a message asking if you if you're okay. If there's no response, it will reach out to either rescue agencies or emergency contacts.And if all that still doesn't impress you, the lock is powered by built-in solar panels ,making it "virtually chargeless," said Al-Kahwati.
Skylock will be available by late 2014 for $159. After the "introductory period," the makers say the price will rise to $250.
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World