This Instagram account shows how drastically different economy plane food can be on airlines around the world
- The Instagram account @airplanefoodselfie shares images of plane meals on different airlines around the world.
- One of the most striking takeaways is how much economy food can vary in standard depending on the airline.
- The account is run by 39-year-old full-time traveller Henry Wu.
While it's no secret that business and first class food is leagues apart from economy, most people don't realise quite how much economy food can vary across different airlines.Indeed, while on some flights passengers are forced to make do with overcooked broccoli and pasta served under a foil lid, others get to enjoy tender chicken and crisp salad served on actual chinaware with metal cutlery.Advertisement
There's one Instagram account which hammers this point home incredibly clearly: Airplane Food Selfie.
Set-up by 39-year-old Henry Wu, the account shares images of airplane meals sent in by travellers, as well as the airline, flight, and class, and asks fans to rate how delicious the food looks.
Wu started the Instagram account in June 2018 and it swiftly took off — it now has over 15,500 followers.Advertisement
Until last autumn, Wu was a software developer based in Chicago, but he decided to quit his job and sell his home to embark on full-time travel for a couple of years.
He originally started the Instagram account to make fun of his friend's food blog.Advertisement
At the beginning, Wu was only sharing his own pictures.
Wu's pictures show an incredible array of standards when it comes to airplane meals, as well as how cuisine varies depending on the airline.Advertisement
From his experience, Wu believes the best economy food is found on Japan Airlines and Evergreen Airways.
He thinks the selection on Singapore Airlines looks great based on pictures, although he is yet to experience it himself.Advertisement
Airplane Food Selfie doesn't just share photos of economy meals — it also reveals a glamorous insight into the high life of business and first class, as well as private jet travel.
A private jet picture is the most popular one.Advertisement
The second most popular is of Korean Air prestige class.
- Paytm, Vijay Shekhar Sharma to acquire Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Three more COVID-19 deaths in Rajasthan
- Huawei patents smartphone with attachable zoom lens
- An asteroid flew closer to Earth than the Moon — but nobody knew till two days later
- 10 new COVID-19 cases in Arunachal Pradesh, tally rises to 269