This is how Western Digital is solving one of the most important barriers to Digital India initiative
“With the implementation of
My Cloud can help you clean up and organize your digital mess. With up to 8 TB of storage, no matter how many photos you take, videos you make and files you create, you can keep it coming.
The cloud solution will also solve the first pillar of the initiative- broadband/ connectivity.
“We are in discussions about how individual loads of cloud can be created, be it at panchayat level or district level. We are at the starting phase on internet connectivity and broadband. So, we need to have local access. We need to provide local connectivity to people,” he said.
He added that as data crunching will occur, it will drive localised command centres and hence WD is also setting up data centres in the country.
Even after almost a year, the main challenge remains the infrastructure which we all know is the basis of the digital India, said Saifuddin.
“Until and unless we have the broadband in place, increase IT literacy up and make the citizens smart, it will remain as a challenge. Hence we are investing heavily in educating them,” he concluded.
(Image credits: thehamtramckreview)
Popular on BI
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors