This is Samsung's new, more durable version of the Galaxy S6: the Galaxy S6 Active
Most of the specifications for the Galaxy S6 Active are the same as that of the Galaxy S6 - it has the same 5.1-inch display with 577 pixels per inch, the same 16-megapixel main camera and 5-megapixel front camera, and one of Samsung's powerful 64-bit processors on the inside.
Where it really differs is in its design. Since the S6 Active is designed to be more durable, it comes with a protective bumper and physical buttons on the front instead of the S6's capacitive touch buttons.
The phone is IP68-certified, which means it can withstand being submerged in 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes without breaking.
AT&T will be selling the phone for $199 on a two year contract, or you can choose from its various Next plans, which let you pay the phone off through monthly payments. Here's how the Next payment plans break down:
- Next 24 -- $23.17 at 30 payments
- Next 18 -- $28.96 at 24 payments
- Next 12 -- $34.75 at 20 payments
The announcement doesn't come as too much of a surprise - last week, Samsung accidentally posted the user manual for the phone, revealing what the device looks like and its specifications. While we previously knew about the phone's hardware, this is the first time we're hearing about pricing and availability.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month