This is SEBI’s gift to India’s startups!
If you are a startup founder, and are planning to raise fund for your company, here comes the good news. An Economic Times report revealed that the
As per the financial daily, the capital market regulator will also relax disclosure norms relating to use of funds raised in maiden public stock offering by startups.
The fact remains that most of the startups, which are backed by
A person familiar with the SEBI’s discussions told the ET, the market regulator is intending to define 'startups' as "professionally managed companies". In a startup, no single stakeholder or interest group holds 25% or more of its market shares. The financial daily also said that a large number of unlisted startups have a backing of VCs, private equity (PE) houses and ultra high net worth individuals. It must be noted that the founders hold comparatively lower stakes.
Sandip Bhagat, partner at law firm S&R Associates, told the ET, "It would greatly help to remove the requirement of having an identified promoter or requiring 20% of post-IPO shares to be locked up as promoter contribution.”
Bhagat also asserted, “Founders of many startups may not have the necessary shareholding to lock up 20% of post-issue capital for three years as that would be diluted with progressive rounds of new investment and the private equity and strategic investors may well hold a larger stake. Also, PE and strategic investors would not want to be named as promoters and carry additional risk and liability."
Popular on BI
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons