This is the most-demand job that recruiters are looking to fill, according to LinkedIn
- LinkedIn just released its report on the most recruited jobs of 2018, and the top job is a DevOps engineer.
- DevOps is a term combining "development" and "operations," two vital roles on any software team.
- Interest in DevOps has increased over the past few years, both for recruiters and investors.
- Engineers see DevOps more as a mindset than a job, but DevOps engineers still need strong skills in writing, testing, and delivering on a faster basis.
View all Offers
- 32% OFF
AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Portable Chair (Beige, Fabric & Steel)₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
- 42% OFF
AmazonBasics Steel Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Portable Chair, Black₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Fame MDF Study Desk(Walnut Finish,Brown)₹ 4199₹ 7500Buy On
SleepX Ortho Plus Quilted 6 inch King Bed Size, Extra Firm Memory Foam Mattress (Purple, 72x72x6 )₹ 11609₹ 19600Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Cartina Fabric 5 seater L shape sofa Set (Grey)₹ 26999₹ 30000Buy On
Turns out the hottest job of 2018 could be that of a DevOps engineer.
LinkedIn just released its report on the most-recruited jobs of 2018, showing that DevOps engineer was the most recruited job, followed by enterprise account executives and frontend engineers, in second and third place, respectively.
This job is in high demand, and the money shows it. According to Indeed, job postings for DevOps engineers shot up 91 percent between 2014 and 2017. And the average base salary cashes in at $125,714, per the same data.
According to the LinkedIn report, DevOps engineers are also the most recruited jobs specific to the engineering field, followed by frontend engineers and cloud architects.
So what does a DevOps engineer do, anyway?
The term "DevOps" is a portmanteau of "Development" and "Operations," two roles that are vital to the field of software engineering. In short, the term refers to tools and practices that help engineers deliver and fix code on a more regular and faster basis, often multiple times a day - a practice pioneered by Facebook and its cohort.
Before, developer teams would build and test the code, while operations teams would deploy and monitor the code. A DevOps engineer does both, and generally carries the end-to-end responsibility of developing, testing, deploying, monitoring and improving the code.
That said, the relatively flashy new job title can be somewhat vague, and the responsibilities of the role can differ across companies.
Indeed, Engineers argue that "DevOps" is more of a culture and mindset, rather than a single job. A DevOps engineer's responsibilities can overlap with other types of engineers, such as site reliability engineers. And like other software engineers, DevOps engineers have to collaborate with their team to write and restructure code.
At the same time, these engineers have to have the right skills to back up this mindset. DevOps engineers have to ensure that the software will work across different platforms, as well as frequently test and deploy their code.
To become a DevOps engineer, one should be able to use open source technologies and automation tools, as well as have strong skills in testing, coding and scripting. People skills are also crucial, as the DevOps philosophy requires more collaboration among, well, developers and operations.
Still, the very concept of DevOps has become a hot commodity in Silicon Valley: Investors are putting massive amounts of cash into DevOps startups that help their teams take advantage of this mindset. In that light, it's not surprising that companies are hiring for DevOps talent, too.
As for the rest of the top three: Frontend engineers build the user interface of websites and apps, which is a crucial part of any software team. Enterprise account executives manage business relationships with a company's large customers, which speaks to the importance of the sales function.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022