This is the new guideline for flying drones in Delhi-NCR; you can’t fly them near Rashtrapati Bhavan
The DGCA stated that all unmanned aircrafts that operate in India will require a Unique Identification Number (UIN), which will be issued by the aviation regulator and on case-to-case basis only.
“Also, UA shall not be flown over other sensitive locations such as nuclear stations, military facilities and strategic locations,” DGCA statement said.
“Civilian use of UAS includes damage assessment of property and life in areas affected with natural calamities, surveys; critical infrastructure monitoring. UA operations present problems to the regulator in terms of ensuring safety of other users of airspace and persons on the ground,” the DGCA said.
The UIN can be granted only to a citizen of India or a company or a body corporate provided that it is registered and has its principal place of business within India, its chairman and at least two-thirds of its directors are citizens of India and its substantial ownership and effective control is vested in Indian nationals.
(Anupama Airy is the Founder and Editor of EnergyInfraPost.com and DefenceAviationPost.com. She can be reached at email@example.com, Twitter handle: @anupamaairy)
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Nano-satellites built by startups augurs well for private sector's future endeavours: IN-SPACe
- Musk reveals Twitter 2.0, says top software aces joining company
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- India needs 1,000+ pilots annually, but training infra in short supply
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World