This Is The Video Game That's Making Disney Billions Of Dollars
Karyne Levy/Business Insider
Disney Interactive has seen massive growth in the past year.
Revenue was up 45% to $266 million for the third quarter this year. And its operating income in Q3 was up to $29 million, compared with a loss of $58 million last year. The company predicts it will soon become a billion-dollar business.
And that's all thanks to one game: "Disney Infinity."
"Disney Infinity" is an interactive open-world game, where you buy figures that then connect to the game and interact with each other.
Each Disney movie that comes out is a potential goldmine: A starter pack, which includes the game, base, and some figurines, costs around $70. Then there are play sets you can buy, which have a couple different characters. Those cost around $30. And individual figurines cost around $15.
The next generation of the game, "Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes," just came out. It brings together Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and others, as well as Disney originals, like Maleficent from the live-action movie, and Merida from the Pixar film "Brave."
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts