This is why San Francisco's insane housing market has hit the crisis point
Kyle Russell/Business Insider
Those six years have seen a lot of change in the city, sparking tensions between longtime San Francisco residents and the tech industry.
Those tensions trace their roots back to the San Francisco Bay Area's housing crisis, where people are going to ridiculous lengths to find an affordable place to live, including turning to boats, vans, and even cardboard boxes.
The thing is, San Francisco's housing woes were here before the tech industry rose to prominence here, and they'll be here even if the tech industry withers. And you can blame them on decisions made back in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip