This little online tea retailer just received a million dollar funding. Know why
For many of us “tea acts like a magical key for vault where our brain is kept,” and perhaps this perception must have inspired Kushal Dugar, a former
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 24% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 12999₹ 16999Buy On
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 10% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro (Dark Night, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -120hz Super Amoled Display|64MPwith 5mp Super Tele-Macro₹ 17999₹ 19999Buy On
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
- 27% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M12 (Blue,4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6000 mAh with 8nm Processor | True 48 MP Quad Camera | 90Hz Refresh Rate₹ 9499₹ 12999Buy On
According to Kushal Dugar, Teabox founder, "We are looking to invest in the cold storage facilities in close proximity to the plantations in Darjeeling, Guwahati and Nilgiri - the three prime tea plantation regions in the country ," Dugar told ET. And in the next two months, Teabix plans to hire 40 to 60 people, he revealed.
Teabox has a separate technology and marketing team based in Bengaluru, which helps the e-tailer to carry out a smooth selling process online to cater its customers in 75 countries. This online tea seller sources tea from more than 200 plantations in India, the financial daily added.
"Teabox's disruptive business model is highly scalable and allows complete control of the customer experience. JAFCO's expertise across different markets will add significant value to Teabox in the coming months," Supriya Singh, an associate director at JAFCO, told ET.
Popular on BI
- Can crypto go green? Here are six questions that explain the digital world's bid to become eco-friendly
- Nykaa raises nearly ₹2,400 crore in anchor investment from Government of Singapore, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and others
- ITC, Adani Ports, Bajaj Auto, Titan and other hot stocks to watch out for on October 28
- Nykaa IPO will open today — here is how to apply via bank and apps like Zerodha, Paytm Money
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million