This map shows where gun dealers outnumber Starbucks locations across the US
A law enforcement official said on Wednesday that in the past year Paddock bought 33 guns, most of them rifles. Under federal law, gun stores are not required to report multiple rifle purchases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (unless they are in Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas, and that's only for certain rifles).
After more than 1,400 mass shootings over the past five years, the Las Vegas massacre has again put a spotlight on American gun culture. As of December 2015, there are 64,747 licensed gun dealers across the country.
When users enter a zip code, the tool - called "Firearms + Frappuccinos" - maps the locations of gun dealers (in pink), mass shootings (in yellow), and Starbucks (in green), and shows totals for each. The gun shop location data comes from the ATF, while the Starbucks locations were provided by open data company Socrata. Mass shootings are defined as events when four or more people are shot and/or killed. All of the data is from 2015.
Check out what six major cities, including Las Vegas, look like on the map below.
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- RBI continues to ‘watch inflation’ closely even as industry hopes for a pause
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023