This picture perfectly captures the first meeting between Trump and all the tech CEOs who opposed him
It's no secret that Silicon Valley's tech leaders were not exactly thrilled about the idea of a Donald Trump presidency.
And to judge by the lugubrious miens exhibited in this photo, the tech moguls who visited Trump Tower on Wednesday for a sit-down with the president elect look pretty uncomfortable.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, on the left, looks like he just heard some very bad news, while Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg appears to be biting her lip. Larry Page, the CEO of Google-parent company Alphabet, has a pensive look.
You have to wonder what Apple CEO Tim Cook is thinking to himself in this photo:
Trump sharply criticized several tech companies, including Amazon and Apple, during his campaign, faulting them for avoiding taxes and using overseas workers to build products.
Tech leaders, for their part, were not shy about making their dislike for Trump known. Amazon's Bezos offered to put Trump on a rocket and send him into space. And Apple withdrew its support for the Republican National Convention in July because of Trump.
The pow-wow on Wednesday may ease the strained relationship, and the tech CEOs will no doubt put a positive spin on the meeting. But the expressions on their faces tell a story of its own.
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders