This startup makes completely personalized pillows that fit your exact sleeping needs - here's my experience with it
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- In line with increasing consumer demand for product personalization and customization, new pillow company Pluto promises a personalized pillow experience that fits your sleeping needs and preferences.
- It makes over 25 product variations based off answers to a short questionnaire and the final pillow is affordably priced at under $100.
- Though I've tried many other pillows, they were all one-size-fits-all solutions and I could tell the difference upon trying my Pluto Pillow.
View all Offers
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 Pro 5G (Morning Mist, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 60999₹ 64999Buy On
- 20% OFF
iQOO Z5 5G (Mystic Space, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | Snapdragon 778G 5G Processor | 5000mAh Battery | 44W FlashCharge | Rs.1000 Coupon Discount₹ 23990₹ 29990Buy On
- 21% OFF
iQOO Z3 5G (Cyber Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | India's First SD 768G 5G Processor | 55W FlashCharge | Upto 9 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 17990₹ 24990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Mighty Black 4GB RAM 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen | 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 11499₹ 13999Buy On
Whether you like to admit it or not, everyone wants to feel different and special. While people used to seek and connect with brands that fit their values, they now expect the opposite: for brands to do the work and reflect their unique needs and preferences. Today, from customizable mattresses and sofas to personalized vitamin packs and wine recommendations, there's no shortage of products that eagerly do so.
One product that's remained surprisingly untouched until recently is the pillow. Now, a new start-up called Pluto is stepping in to fill that gap. Launched in March 2018, it offers a personalized shopping experience that yields over 25 pillow variations to suit sleepers of all types. The final pillow you receive at your doorstep is based off an online questionnaire that asks about your body statistics, current pillow and mattress satisfaction (or more likely, dissatisfaction), sleeping positions, and pillow feel preferences.
Founder Susana Saeliu says, "The only innovative pillows I found online were 'smart' pillows or 'adjustable' pillows - I just wanted a simple, high-quality pillow at a fair price."
There are five parts of the Pluto Pillow, and each answer in the questionnaire gives weight to certain combinations of these five elements. The construction of the pillow itself isn't necessarily simple, but Saeliu's reference to simplicity has more to do with your interaction with it. You don't need to tinker with any mobile apps, unzip and physically add in or take out layers, or anything else that makes you do more work than necessary.
- Inner core foam height
- Inner core foam density
- Outer cover fiber amount
- Outer cover fiber thickness
- Cover surface (smooth or quilted, cooling or non-cooling)
The pillow's inner core is made of a high-performance CertiPUR-US-certified foam while the outer cover contains silky polyester microfibers. If you run hot while sleeping, your pillow will be covered by a quilted, polyethylene surface that's cool to the touch and stays cool through the night.Pluto Pillow and what struck me the most about mine was how remarkably light it was. Having tested a variety of pillows in the past, I could tell immediately that no other pillow comes close. Though fluffy and lightweight, it still provided the right amount of structure and support for a back sleeper like me who tends to go to sleep and wake up in the same position.
Though your pillow will likely feel very different from mine, my satisfaction with my Pluto Pillow is a good indication that the company stays true to its word of personalized comfort. Like many mattress companies, Pluto offers a 100-night trial for you to determine for yourself.
The Pluto Pillow is more affordable than the luxury pillows offered by mattress-first brand Leesa or bedding-first brand Boll & Branch. The added strengths of Pluto are its sole focus on the pillow business and of course, the personalization feature.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instagram now lets everyone add links to Stories — here’s how to use it
- Cognizant faces the worst attrition rate in the industry, hires record number of employees to fill the gap
- There’s a new jingle in town as Swiggy uses the power of music to connect with its audience and establish itself as a last-minute Genie coming to your rescue
- India starts probe into Facebook’s algorithm, seeks info on moderation process
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market