This stat shows how big Bernie Sanders is on Reddit
AP Photo/J. David Ake
The polling think tank studied 350,000 Reddit comments mentioning 21 major presidential candidates in May, June, and September of 2015 and found that Sanders was mentioned in 165,000 comments while Hillary Clinton received 85,000 and Donald Trump only 73,000.Trump's low numbers - only 1,000 mentions in May - are partially attributable to the fact that he had not yet announced his candidacy. However, counting only June and September, Sanders still received an impressive 123,000 mentions compared to Clinton's 65,000 and Trump's 72,000.
Enthusiasm for Sanders among young internet users was recently highlighted by The Washington Post in a profile of a Facebook group called "Bernie Sanders' Dank Meme Stash," a page where Sanders fans share bizarre jokes and images about the 74-year-old Vermont senator.According to some, fervent online Sanders-boosting is not all positive. Reports of "Bernie Bros" spewing vitriol at Clinton's supporters, particularly women, led Sanders himself to condemn the "attacks" on his competition.
Correction: This post initially referred to statistics describing the demographics of Sanders' Reddit support. These statistics actually described all of Reddit, based on Pew's research.
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study
- Check out the top 10 batsmen with the highest strike rate in all IPL matches
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel