This Video Will Make You See The Earth In A Whole New Way
This video below, originally created by NASA's Scientific Visualization Studio, highlights many aspects of the Earth's complexity.
It shows the vast scale of the sun's influence on the Earth, from the flowing particles of the solar wind and the fury of coronal mass ejections to the winds and currents driven by the solar heating of the atmosphere and ocean.
If you needed any more of a nudge to press play, the film is narrated by Liam Neeson. It is part of a full-length planetarium film called "Dynamic Earth." The movie also won first place in the video category of Science's Best Scientific Visualizations of 2013.
Get ready for your mind to be blown (full screen and HD recommended):
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared