This viral video from Microsoft on how girls feel about science is fantastic
In celebration of International Women's Day and Women's History month, Microsoft talked to a bunch of girls about how they feel about science.
Short answer: they love it. They were building their own websites, robots or computers and one girl even built a gadget that opened her fridge door.
But then, they started feeling like science and tech was a boy's thing. The role models, the TV ads, lots of things seemed to show mostly boys doing it. Girls started quitting their robotics classes. And sometimes people would just outright tell them, "Isn't that for boys?"
Hopefully, by the time they grow up and head to college, they'll no longer feel this way.
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- The first pig-heart transplant patient was denied a human heart after failing to follow doctors' orders
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter