This year's big tech IPOs, compared
A lot of big tech companies are staying private for longer than ever before, leading to a rise in billion-dollar private "unicorns."
But what about the companies that did go public this year? This chart from Statista compares the IPO price, first-day closing price, and Dec. 15 closing price of six high-profile tech IPOs this year. The worst performer has been Etsy, down more than 40% since its debut, and Box is also down slightly. But several other tech companies are doing quite well on public markets, including GoDaddy, which is up more than 60%.
The takeaway? The tech market is varied, and there's no obvious cross-cutting trend. If a company's fundamentals and growth are strong, now's a fine time to go public. If not, staying private is an easier option than ever before.
- Audi gets back some of its lost shine with EVs, gears up for launch
- OnePlus Nord 2T vs Poco F4 5G – price, specifications and features compared
- Ambani and Adani valuations surge while Tatas, Birlas see major declines in the first half of 2022
- Telecom gear firm Parallel Wireless lays off 500 employees including in India
- College dropout, auto driver, ‘original Sainik’ — Ekanth Shinde’s rocky ride to CM’s seat