This year's big tech IPOs, compared
A lot of big tech companies are staying private for longer than ever before, leading to a rise in billion-dollar private "unicorns."
But what about the companies that did go public this year? This chart from Statista compares the IPO price, first-day closing price, and Dec. 15 closing price of six high-profile tech IPOs this year. The worst performer has been Etsy, down more than 40% since its debut, and Box is also down slightly. But several other tech companies are doing quite well on public markets, including GoDaddy, which is up more than 60%.
The takeaway? The tech market is varied, and there's no obvious cross-cutting trend. If a company's fundamentals and growth are strong, now's a fine time to go public. If not, staying private is an easier option than ever before.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP