Thousands of bees delayed a Reds game and 2 brave workers created a buzz when they tried to save the day with cardboard boxes
- The start of the Cincinnati Reds game on Monday was delayed when a swarm of bees suddenly descended on the field.
- The start was delayed for about 30 minutes until most of the bees left the stadium.
- In the second inning, hundreds of bees were still lingering in the seating area and two brave works un-bee-lievably tried to fix the problem with cardboard boxes.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Cincinnati Reds game against the San Francisco Giants on Monday afternoon created quite a buzz when thousands of bees seemingly came out of nowhere and descended on the field delaying the start.Most of the bees appeared to just be flying around the field area as most fans remained in their seats and players were still in the dugout. However, at one point, fans behind home plate did start to leave the area as bees started swarming the protective netting.Advertisement
Eventually, most of the bees left the stadium and the game got underway. However, in the second inning, hundreds of bees were seen in one section of seats.That's when two brave stadium workers decided to wing it and tried to solve the problem with cardboard boxes and no protection.
Hopefully, they labeled the boxes properly. That would bee a buzzkill if somebody were to open one of those boxes thinking they were just sheets.
- Read more:
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The last 27 QBs taken in the first round of the NFL Draft and how this year's crop compares
- Here's Michael Jordan's 56,000-square-foot house in Chicago, and why it's still on the market after 6 years
- The 27 biggest NFL Draft busts of the last 15 years
- Tiger Woods staged one of the biggest sports comebacks ever at the Masters - here's how he spends his millions and lives his life off the course
- NCB busts int'l drug racket, arrests 8 traffickers
- Efficacy of COVID vaccine may land between 50-100%: ICMR
- China is reportedly expanding and upgrading a large number of military facilities along the border with India
- JioPostPaid Plus plans announced with unlimited calling, Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar subscription
- IPL shatters its previous viewership records on its opening match as 200 million people tune in to watch Dream11 IPL 2020