Three American High Schoolers Swept An International Competition By Crushing These Math Problems
Three Phillips Exeter Academy students — Alex Song, Ray Y. Li, and Kevin C. Sun — shocked the world when they respectively won the gold, silver and bronze medals in the 54th International Mathematical Olympiad in Santa Marta, Colombia.
While the U.S. team placed third overall — Song competed on Team Canada — the trio won the medals for individual performance.The annual competition is a six question, two day, nine hour proof competition with competitors from over 100 countries on 9 continents.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC