TikTok's new safety feature will allow you to logout of a lost phone
Business Insider India
- TikTok just announced a new safety feature for users on its platform.
- The 'Device Management' feature will allows user to log out of their devices remotely.
- This means if your phone gets lost or stolen, you can still protect you account by logging using another system.
After the recent run of bad news for TikTok, the Bytedance-owned video messaging platform has launched another safety feature called ‘Device Management’ to give users more control over their accounts.
Like on Gmail, the new feature will allow users to remotely sign out of other devices and end their sessions remotely. According to the company, the feature would help avoid the misuse of user accounts.
Advertisement"TikTok constantly promotes a safe and positive app experience for its over 200 million users in India by offering them in-app tools and educational content to equip them with all the information they need to have the best possible experience while showcasing their creativity," the company said in a statement.
Another one added to the list
This the fourteenth addition to TikTok’s list of safety features. After the company’s troubled interaction with India’s judicial system it launched 13 other features that were aimed at keeping its users safe — like age gate, restricted mode, screen-time management, and comments filter.
TikTok has also been trying to raise awareness among its users on how to safely use the app through educational videos in English as well as Hindi. The videos also outline how to use the app’s many safety features.
A fresh wave of bad news haunts TikTok
An Indian court has banned TikTok for ‘encouraging pornography’
TikTok, tick tock — time is ticking for Facebook in China and India
Popular on BI
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity