Tim Cook made fun of his own lousy Super Bowl photo
Asa Mathat D: All Things Digital
"Maybe one day I can take one that good," Apple CEO Tim Cook quipped on stage, to great laughter.
Cook was referring to the most recent Super Bowl Sunday, when the CEO infamously tweeted a super-blurry shot from the big game - resulting in a lot of laughs from the armchair comedians of the internet.
The original photo:
Now, it's no secret that Apple takes the iPhone's camera technology incredibly seriously, so people were quick to give Cook heat about the out-of-focus photo, with plenty of joking references to Apple's famous "Shot on iPhone" marketing campaign.
The most relevant joke:
Cook silently took down the terrible picture, and put up this much better one, which remains on Twitter:
Still, it's good to know that he has a sense of humor about the episode.
"We can laugh at ourselves," Cook told the assembled Apple shareholders.
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- The first pig-heart transplant patient was denied a human heart after failing to follow doctors' orders
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter