Tina Fey has a warning for white women who voted for Trump
"A lot of this election was turned by white, college-educated women who now would maybe like to forget about this election and go back to watching HGTV," Fey said during the telethon, shown on Facebook Live. "I would want to urge them to like, 'You can't look away,' because it doesn't affect you this minute, but it's going to affect you eventually."
Exit polls show that 53 percent of white women voted for Trump, compared to only 43 percent for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
"Again, open two windows. Do watch HGTV," Fey said in a segment of the show in which the comic was interviewed by New York Civil Liberties Union Executive Director Donna Lieberman and ACLU Deputy Legal Director Louise Melling. "[Don't] turn our attention away from what is happening."
Fey added: "I personally will make my own pledge as a college-educated white woman to not look away, to not pretend that things are happening now won't eventually affect me if we don't put a stop to it."
Watch Fey talk on the matter below:
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months