This is one question that employers ask to judge how confident you are
‘ Tell us something about yourself’
This question sounds simple but by asking this question, most recruiters want to gauge if a candidate is articulate his resume well. “Employers want to know if he is able to position himself as the candidate of choice from the
Recruiters often expect the candidate to know himself thoroughly. They expect the candidate to briefly tell them about his academic qualifications followed by his professional experience.
So how do you answer a question such as this? It’s simple; talk about yourself. Talk about things that are not mentioned in your cover letter or your
Apart from this, share your experiences and the lessons you learned in your previous workplaces. Believe it or not, most of the times, recruiters want to gauge your confidence. A little into the conversation, your answer also helps them understand if you are a positive person or been a complaining employee. Besides, your reply also gives them a fair idea if you have had the necessary experience that the job really requires.
AdvertisementSo the next time you are asked this question, you know what’s going on in the employer’s mind. Don’t you?
Image Credit: Businessinsider.com
Popular on BI
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Salesforce Ventures backs Indian payments giant RazorPay as it looks to expand further outside India
- OnePlus sends legal notice to lawyer who alleged Nord 2 explosion — asks him to remove tweets and offer an apology
- iPhone with under-screen Touch ID could take even longer than expected
- OnePlus 2.0: OxygenOS and ColorOS to merge into a unified OS starting 2022
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm