How to prepare for IAS exam after 12th?
UPSC conducts various exams throughout the year at various levels and for various departments but the most prestigious of those is the civil services exam that is conducted every year in three phases for the post of IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS, Indian Forest Services and many others.
Guidelines to prepare for CSE after school
You must be a graduate from a recognised university to take up an Indian Administrative Services (IAS) exam. The UPSC conducts IAS exam every year but the preparation starts as soon as you finish schooling. In order to start preparing, take up the subjects most relevant to the exam. Opting for Humanities may be one of the best options since that includes subjects like Politics, history, etc. Starting early will fetch you better chances to clear the exam for becoming a civil servant. Here’s the strategy to adopt, while you plan to join civil services in India.
What should you do after completing your school?
- You should read more about the civil services and get enrolled in a graduation course that involves History and polity.
- If you plan to do masters then you can also choose one of these as optional subjects.
- While planning your graduation please keep the UPSC syllabus in mind so that you can master these subject well.
- Start reading books on economics, public administration, and basic maths. If you want to you can study this subject as your main subjects.
- Search about IAS exam pattern and make a study plan.
- Make a habit of reading the newspaper daily and keep yourself updated with the current happening in the country as well outside the country.
- Be well versed with the syllabus and start taking notes.
- Practise previous years IAS question papers.