Todd Gurley posted an eyebrow-raising Photoshopped photo that appeared to thank the refs for blown call in NFC title game
Chris Graythen/Getty Images
- The Los Angeles Rams beat the New Orleans Saints, 26-23, on Sunday in the NFC Championship to punch their ticket to Super Bowl LIII.
- The deciding play of the game came on a shocking no-call on what looked like a blatant pass interference by the Rams, which allowed Los Angeles to tie the game late and eventually go on to win in overtime.
- After the game, Rams running back Todd Gurley posted a Photoshopped picture that appeared to thank the referees for their help in getting Los Angeles to the Super Bowl.
The Los Angeles Rams beat the New Orleans Saints 26-23 on Sunday in the NFC Championship to punch their ticket to Super Bowl LIII.For the Saints, the biggest moment of the game came not from any play on the field, but rather a shocking no-call from the referees on what looked like a blatant pass interference penalty late in the fourth quarter.Advertisement
Read more: Saints lose to Rams in NFC Championship after one of the worst missed calls you'll see on a huge fourth-quarter play
The no-call would give the Rams time to tie the game in regulation and go on to win in overtime, sending Los Angeles to the Super Bowl and ending the Saints season in brutal fashion.After the game, Rams running back Todd Gurley shared a picture on Instagram that appeared to show his thanks to the referees for their help it getting his team to the Super Bowl.
it makes for some pretty good memes.
- Read more:
- Saints fans in the Superdome wreaked havoc on the Rams' offense, and none of the players could hear
- Tom Brady reportedly walked into a room while preparing to play the Chiefs and told Patriots teammates that he's 'the baddest motherf----- on the planet'
- Football fans love to think that they know what constitutes a 'catch' in the NFL - almost all of them are wrong
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? All of the picks in the massive trade that helped the Rams land Jared Goff
- 1,108 COVID-19 cases in Nashik, tally reaches 76,984
- Surat district records 288 COVID-19 cases, 299 recoveries
- Sikkim reports 38 new COVID-19 cases; tally rises to 2,970
- Einstein's theory of general relativity just got 500 times harder to beat thanks to the first-ever black hole to be caught on camera
- Twitter was temporarily down for users in India