Tom Cruise reveals the title for the 'Top Gun' sequel
While promoting his upcoming movie, "The Mummy," Cruise told "Access Hollywood" what the title of the sequel will be.
"It's not going to be called 'Top Gun 2,' it's gong to be called 'Top Gun: Maverick,'" Cruise said. "I didn't want a number. You don't need a number."
The nickname of Cruise's character in "Top Gun" is Maverick.
Cruise is mum on specifics, though he has said he will shoot the movie within the year.
According to reports director Joseph Kosinski, who helmed Cruise's 2013 movie "Oblivion," is considering to take on "Top Gun: Maverick."
Watch Cruise talk about "Top Gun: Maverick" below:
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Your milk will now get dearer as Mother Dairy and Amul raise prices by ₹2 per litre
- Fin services will beat tech with the best salary hikes in 2023, says report
- Earth got its water and organic matter from asteroids, finds Japan's space probe
- DigiYatra app will use facial recognition to make airport check-ins faster - here’s how to use it
- Inflation unlikely to fall below 6% before Feb 2023: Kotak report