Today’s top tech news: Bill Gates wanted to create Android, Ambani’s Jio won’t be taking on Netflix just yet, and Flipkart’s US IPO could see Walmart leaving e-commerce
Bill Gatessays that his biggest mistake was allowing Google to develop Android, costing Microsoft $400 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio's had to plans to create their own content to go up against Netflix and Hotstar, which have now been put on hold.
- Flipkart's US IPO is planned for 2022 and it could mark Walmart's exit from e-commerce.
- NASA was hacked by targeting an unauthorised Rasberry Pi, that wasn't supposed to connected to the system in the first place.
- Microsoft doesn't want its employees using Slack, Google Docs or AWS for work.
- Citing 'rule violations', 61,000 users in Indonesia were removed from WhatsApp a week before nine people were killed in a riot over Widodo's controversial victory.
This is Tech Insider’s daily dose of