Tour The Man-Made Crater That's Been Burning For More Than 40 Years
From the center of the Karakum desert in Asia, a massive crater dubbed the "Door to Hell," has been spewing flames for more than 40 years.
The ceaseless fire, which can be seen for miles in the distance, is not a natural phenomena. It's the result of a Soviet drilling rig accident in 1971.
"Darvaza is a monument to Soviet imperial failure, a roiling wound of failed engineering," Krasowski said.
The adventurer was kind of enough to share some photos with us.
- Corbevax price slashed to ₹250 per dose inclusive of GST
- IT professionals with 5-10 year experience are the best paid people in India
- Best toy bikes to keep your kids engaged
- New Range Rover Sport revealed in India— check features, specifications and more here
- Three new IPOs opening this week — Paradeep Phosphates, Ethos, eMudhra while LIC to list on exchanges tomorrow