A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Nainital
- Nainital, a beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand, India, is famous for its scenic beauty, serene lakes, and pleasant weather, making it an ideal getaway from city life.
- The best time to visit Nainital is during the summer months (April to June) and the autumn season (September to October)
AdvertisementNainital is a beautiful hill station located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is a popular destination for a relaxing and refreshing getaway. With its scenic beauty, serene lakes, and pleasant weather, Nainital offers a perfect escape from the daily hustle of city life. A 3 days trip to Nainital allows you to explore its main attractions such as Naini Lake, Mall Road, Naina Devi Temple, and Snow View Point. You can also indulge in activities like boating, horse riding, and shopping for souvenirs.
When to go:
- The best time to visit Nainital is during the summer months (April to June)
- Another best time to visit is during the autumn season ( September to October)
How to reach:
- By Air: Fly to Pantnagar Airport and then take a taxi or bus to Nainital.
- By Train: Take a train to Kathgodam Railway Station and then hire a taxi or take a shared cab to Nainital.
- By Road: Drive from nearby cities or take a bus from Delhi or other major cities to Nainital.
Where to stay:
- Consider staying in areas like Mallital, Tallital, or Ayarpatta, which offer a range of accommodation options.
- Resorts/luxury hotels
- Rental Cottages
|1||Arrival in Nainital, Check-in to accommodation||Visit Naina Devi Temple||Explore Mall Road, Boat ride on Naini Lake|
|2||Day trip to Bhimtal and Naukuchiatal||Explore Bhimtal Lake and Bhimeshwara Mahadev Temple||Enjoy scenic beauty of Naukuchiatal|
|3||Visit Nainital Zoo||Explore local markets, try local cuisine||Visit Hanuman Garhi, Enjoy sunset views|
Arrive in Nainital and check-in to your accommodation.
Visit the Naina Devi Temple, a revered Hindu temple located on the northern shore of Naini Lake. Seek blessings and admire the beautiful architecture.
Explore Mall Road, the bustling heart of Nainital. Take a relaxing boat ride on Naini Lake and soak in the scenic views of the surrounding hills and the shimmering lake.
After breakfast, venture out to Bhimtal, located about 22 kilometers from Nainital.
Explore Bhimtal Lake and visit the Bhimeshwara Mahadev Temple, a significant religious site dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Enjoy the serene beauty of Naukuchiatal, a nine-cornered lake surrounded by lush greenery. Take a leisurely stroll along the lakeside or indulge in boating activities.
Visit the Nainital Zoo, home to a diverse range of wildlife species. Explore the zoo and learn about the local fauna.
Explore the local markets in Nainital, where you can shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and local products. Treat yourself to the delicious flavors of local cuisine at one of the restaurants.
Visit Hanuman Garhi, a popular religious spot known for its Hanuman temple and panoramic views of the sunset over the Nainital town and surrounding mountains. Enjoy the breathtaking vistas and capture memorable photographs.
Popular on BI
- Indian food habits for youthful and glowing skin
- Nirav Modi's solar power plant up for auction to salvage PNB dues
- India-Canada diplomatic row will not impact military ties: Canadian Army Vice Chief
- India permits 75,000 tonne non-basmati white rice exports to UAE
- WeWork India rejigs senior leadership to boost market presence