TRUMP: 'I think there can be profiling'
ABC News reported this week that a neighbor of Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik - the couple who police say killed 14 and injured 21 in a mass shooting in San Bernardino, California - was suspicious of the couple's activity before the shooting. But he did not alert law enforcement because he "didn't want to profile" Farook and his wife.
In an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday, Trump expressed bewilderment at the notion.
"We don't want to profile. Can you believe this?" Trump told host John Dickerson.
"I think there can be profiling. If [Farook's neighbors] thought there was something wrong with that group ... and they didn't want to call the police because they didn't want to be profiling, I think that's pretty bad. People are dead. A lot of people are dead right now. So everybody wants to be politically correct, and that's part of the problem that we have with our country."
In the wake of the San Bernardino attack, Trump has also repeatedly suggested Farook's family members turned a blind eye on the couple. On Saturday, he said that both Farook's mother and sister "knew what was going on."
"We have to start looking at families. We have to look at them tough," Trump said Saturday, according to CNN. "Generally speaking, the wives know what's going on. I believe that the sister of the killer - I watched her interview - I think she knew what was going on."
"I think his mother knew what was going on," he added. "Anybody who went into that house or that apartment knew what was going on."
Watch the clip below, via CBS:
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs