TRUMP: 'If you issue hundreds of tweets and every once in a while you have a clinker, that's not so bad'
"I don't regret anything because there is nothing you can do about it," Trump told the Financial Times when asked about the impact of his Twitter account. "You know, if you issue hundreds of tweets and every once in a while you have a clinker, that's not so bad."
Though Trump has used his Twitter as a weapon to engage opponents and reach his own supporters, his tweets have caused a headache for members of his own party who are often forced to respond to early morning tweets.
Throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump slammed opponents on Twitter, tweeting he would "spill the beans" on Sen. Ted Cruz's wife, and declaring Sen. Rand Paul - the president's golf partner on Sunday - was a "spoiled brat without a functioning brain."
The Trump White House has been pressed about his baseless accusation that President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, a claim that Trump tweeted out in early March.
"I'd like to get him some Ambien," Sen. John McCain told ABC on Sunday when asked about the president's Twitter usage.
As a reality television star and bombastic businessman, Trump was a prolific tweeter who often made provocative, demeaning, and bizarre tweets about everything from celebrity gossip to dieting habits. Here are a few highlights:
I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2012
"@realDonaldTrump: I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th."- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 12, 2013
.@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 28, 2012
Thanks- many are saying I'm the best 140 character writer in the world. It's easy when it's fun.- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 10, 2012
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations