TRUMP: 'President Barack Obama was born in the United States - period'
"President Barack Obama was born in the United States," Trump said at a press conference. "Period. Now we all want to get back to making America strong and great again."Trump also blamed the "birther" movement on his Democratic rival, presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
At the 30-minute event during which Trump was expected to address "birtherism," several generals and admirals from the US military came out and endorsed Trump. Trump didn't address the "birther" issue until the very end.During the 2012 election cycle, Trump repeatedly called on Obama to release his birth certificate to prove that he was born in the US. While there had been rumors circulating before 2011 about Obama's birthplace, Trump is widely credited with bringing "birtherism" into the mainstream.
Trump demanded publicly for months that Obama release his longform birth certificate. As the issue gained more attention, Obama did eventually relent and release the document.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19
- FAQs about COVID-19 drugs answered by AIIMS’ director Randeep Guleria
- Uttar Pradesh to go under weekend curfew from April 24, UP minister Hanuman Mishra succumbs to COVID-19
- Apple Spring Loaded event – How to watch live, what to expect and everything you need to know
- Adidas launches a new global series to remind its audience that impossible is nothing; features Ranveer Singh, Hima Das and Beyoncé