TRUMP: The media is trying to stop me from tweeting
AP Photo/Alex Brandon
"The FAKE MSM is working so hard trying to get me not to use Social Media. They hate that I can get the honest and unfiltered message out," Trump tweeted.The president's tweeting Monday may have have complicated his administration's legal position arguing in favor of an executive order banning travel to the US from six majority-Muslim countries.Advertisement
"People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!" Trump said in the first of a series of tweets Monday morning.
Notably, George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, tweeted Monday that Trump was undermining his own case for the travel ban."The [point] cannot be stressed enough that tweets on legal matters seriously undermine Admin agenda and POTUS - and those who support him, as I do, need to reinforce that [point] and not be shy about it," Conway tweeted.
The Wall Street Journal also took note of Trump's tweeting in an editorial published Monday night."Over the weekend and into Monday he indulged in another cycle of Twitter outbursts and pointless personal feuding that may damage his agenda and the powers of the Presidency," the editorial states.Recapping the president's Monday tweets on the travel ban, the Journal's editorial board wrote that it was "merely the latest incident in which Mr. Trump popping off undermined his own lawyers."Advertisement
Trump took another shot at the media on Tuesday, writing on Twitter, "I would have relied on the Fake News of CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, washpost or nytimes, I would have had ZERO chance winning WH."
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar