Twitter board 'begged' Jack Dorsey to be CEO, a new report says
Twitter has been searching for a CEO for roughly three months, since former CEO Dick Costolo resigned. Dorsey has been serving as interim CEO since then and is considered a leading candidate for the full-time job.
The board "flat out offered Dorsey the job - 'they begged' at one point" a person present at a meeting that took place earlier this year told Vanity Fair's Jon Kelly.
The Vanity Fair report doesn't mention when exactly Twitter's board begged Dorsey to take the job, other than saying it was "earlier this year."
Apparently, Dorsey declined at the time because he was committed to running his payments startup Square, which will reportedly go public within the next 12 to 18 months.
Twitter's board has said they're looking for a CEO who can make a "full-time commitment," so leading both companies - while one goes public - would be tough.
Twitter's board reportedly met Thursday to discuss the status of the CEO search, but no announcement has yet been made.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Axis Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Card and other hot stocks on January 25
- India pays USD 29.9 million in UN regular budget assessments for 2022
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions
- Best 65-inch smart LED TV in India
- Budget Session Part I: Different timings for Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha in view of Covid