Twitter has one major advantage over Google and Facebook
As of November, Twitter had just 60,000 advertisers, which is small fries compared to Google (4 million) and Facebook (2 million). But Twitter has one big advantage: It makes much more money per advertiser than either of those giant internet companies.
Based on data from Macquarie Securities and company filings charted for us by BI Intelligence, Twitter's average revenue per advertiser was just shy of $21,000 last year, roughly three times that of Facebook at $7,000 per advertiser, and well ahead of Google's $16,000 per advertiser. Macquarie believes Twitter is so effective because it focuses on the biggest brands as opposed to smaller businesses.
- Shining bright: Gold prices at an all-time high and unlikely to dip anytime soon
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared