Twitter India MD latest senior executive to tweet his way out from twitter
Singh announced his decision to move on from the company in a series of tweets. Singh said in a tweet, “An update. After leading Twitter in Asia's most exciting markets (India/SEA/MENA) for 3 yrs, time to move on to new passions #BeenAPrivilege”
Before working for Twitter for three years, Singh worked at IBM, Apple, and Google.
Revealing his exit via Twitter, Singh laid out how Twitter is reorganising its structure and disaggregating its INSEA/ MENA activities. Going forward, he tweeted, the INSEA region will be aligned with APAC (Asia Pacific), while MENA will be aligned with EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). The former will be headed by Maya Hari, Managing Director South East Asia and India; the latter by Benjamin Ampen.
Singh said he will continue to be at Twitter for the next month, to help the transition, a process which he tweeted had already begun.
Twitter has had a tough time facing layoffs, been turned down for a buyout, and had to shut down its Vine video platform and now these high profile exits will add to the increasingly uncertain future of Twitter.
Popular on BI
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi