Twitter is sliding despite beating Wall Street expectations
Twitter reported its fourth-quarter earnings before the opening bell on Thursday.It's generally been a happy earnings season for Silicon Valley, with the likes of Facebook and Snap topping Wall Street expectations.Advertisement
- Revenue: $909 million. Analysts were looking for $869.5 million. Sales were up 24% on $717 million in the final three months of 2017.
- Earnings per share: 31 cents, compared to 25 cents expected by Wall Street.
- Monthly active users: 321 million - down 9 million year-on-year, but matching the forecasted 321 million.
- Q1 revenue guidance: Between $715 million and $775 million. Wall Street is looking for $762.43 million.
Despite the performance, Twitter's stock slid nearly 8% in pre-market trading.
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 156 new infections
- Assam breaches 500-mark in COVID-19 cases, 147 new infections
- Rajasthan eases lockdown norms, allows taxis, auto rickshaws to operate in red zones
- Bihar reports 163 fresh COVID cases, tally climbs to 2,737
- UP records 8 more COVID-related deaths; 229 fresh cases take tally to 6,497