Twitter Makes A Deal With Comcast That Will Let You Watch TV Directly From A Tweet
Twitter's new feature is called See It, and by November users will start having the ability to "expand" tweets about certain NBC shows, like "The Voice" and "Sunday Night Football".
Expand a tweet, and users will get more information about a show and, if they are a Comcast subscriber, be able to watch or record the show directly through Twitter (though they will have to login to their Comcast Xfinity TV account first).
This deal gives Twitter the opportunity to prove to TV networks that it really can turn its users into active television watchers-like it's been promising all along.
The news represents a major leap forward for Twitter when it comes to the battle for social TV domination. Twitter and Facebook have been volleying back and forth, most recently with Facebook's new data sharing initiative and Twitter's launch of its partnership with Nielsen.
Comcast has no plans for partnering with Facebook, as of now.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future